Build a mailing list is something you are told when you start internet Marketing. It is also something about which most beginners have little or no understanding.
The important features of list mailing are:
- Highest ROI of any marketing channel.
- Most direct way to communicate and engage with potential customers.
- Builds business independence.
- Email is hugely popular
We will explore the why by visiting what some top bloggers have to say.
Highest Return Of Any Marketing Channel.
According to a 2014 survey of 1,000 web-based businesses, email marketing has the highest ROI of any marketing channel. Surveyed companies attributed an average of 23% of total sales to this single channel. These results are common. Anywhere you look nowadays,you’ll see that email marketing is more profitable than ever.
Most direct way to communicate and engage with potential customers.
An email list is important because it’s the most direct way to communicate and engage with your audience. If you are planning to sell something, the list is often the primary money maker. You’ll often hear a saying in the internet marketing world: “The money is in the list.” Every day, people check their inboxes (often multiple times per day). They sit in front of a screen, glued to Outlook or Gmail. They refresh until they get that gratification of knowing someone else in the world cares about them.
Builds business independence.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jaysondemers/2014/10/13/the-definitive-guide-to-building-an-email-list-from-scratch/#648a90066176 You may have heard that a strong email list is one of the most valuable assets you can have. When you’re starting from scratch, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. If you’re serious about growing your business it follows that you should build a healthy email list. This should be one of your top priorities. Your email list is yours, free and clear.You should use your website and social media to attract visitors and followers. Subsequently this will encourage them to sign up for your email list. It will give you the opportunity to contact your prospects at any point in the future, with any kind of messaging you want. You’re not bound by search engine rankings or social media algorithms.
Email is hugely popular.
Many communicators don’t get the attention they deserve. Their messages fade into oblivion and irrelevance. Why?
Because they neglect the single most important element to building a tribe. They forsake one simple, but essential marketing asset: the email list.
Some interesting facts about email:
- The average worker receives 11,680 emails per year with an average of 32 per day.
- 42% of all email in a person’s inbox is considered essential or critical.
- Email is still considered by most to be the best collaboration tool for teams and individuals.
- People use email for more than sending messages: 76% use it to exchange documents and 50% to archive important messages.
Why is email so powerful? Three reasons:
- Email is personal. It’s casual and friendly — a great way to build trust with people.
- Email is direct. No middlemen. Your message: delivered straight to your audience.
- Email is private. People can be themselves and openly share what they’re struggling with, what they want, or questions they have (unlike public comments on a blog post, for example).
If you haven’t tapped into the power of a good email list, you’re missing opportunities to engage with people who want to hear from you.
Why Build A Mailing List ? Conclusion.
There are many advantages to building a marketing mailing list. These include highest return, most direct channel, builds independence and email is hugely popular. It follows that to be up with the competition it is necessary to embrace email marketing for success.