You want to create website income?
Certainly, you have worked hard to create your website; therefore, it is time to reap some reward income.
A tried and tested model is to use Google’s Adsense
“All you have to do is drop the little AdSense code into your website, after that it immediately starts working”: Jack Herrick, WikiHow Founder, and CEO.
How much could you potentially earn?
As you can see to view your potential earnings, you will be required to select a category for your site and a region for your site’s visitors.
If you select North America as your country to advertise to and Business & Industrial as your category as a result you will see that to earn about $10,000 pa it is estimated will require about 50,000 views
When you sign up, you will need to give your website URL and your email address, and you can authorize to receive customized help & performance suggestions.
If you google “How Adsense Works you get the following:
- You make your ad spaces available.
- The highest paying ads appear on your site.
- You get paid.
You make your ad spaces available by pasting ad codes on your site and choose where you want the ads to appear. Subsequently, advertisers bid to show in your ad spaces in a real-time auction. The highest paying ads show on your site.
Randy Duermyer has an interesting article published in the Balance Small Business blog in which he outlines Top Tips To Make Money With Google Adsense.
One of the options that he refers to for maximizing Adsense revenue is that of reading and taking to heart Google’s rules detailed in
Consequently, you should pay very close attention to the Quality Guidelines listed, which outline some of the illicit practices that may lead to a site being removed entirely from the Google index or otherwise affected by an algorithmic or manual spam action.
If a site has been affected by a spam action, it may no longer show up in results on Google.com or any of Google’s partner sites.
Other points listed by Andy Duermyer are
- Don’t click or ask others to click your ads
- Have great content to encourage readership
- Use honest, organic traffic building techniques
- Be optimized for mobile (responsive).
- Test ad types and placement. Standard ad sizes: 300×250, 728×90, 160×600
- Max out ad placement. Three standard ads a page max
- Place ads above the fold
- Have a leader board ad below your header/logo
- Include in-content ads.
- Monitor results
- Read all email from Google
Steps to monetizing a website with Google AdSense:
- Read the Terms and Conditions. Make sure that your website meets all the criteria.
- Proceed to sign up for AdSense and wait for approval.
- Place the ads anywhere you like on your website.
Find success with website Adsense advertising.
This success is dependent on the strong traffic flow of both new visitors and returning visitors.
To achieve website monetization success, the YAIOA Blog stresses the following:
- Content needs to be of high quality and properly optimized.
- The published text should include keywords. These keywords will make it simpler for Google to display the most relevant ads for your site.
- Contextual adverts find their way to people interested in your content. If not, there will be no clicks on the ads.
- Google AdSense is satisfactory for sites having less than 25k visitors. However, once you have over 25k visitors, say between 25k to 100k visitors. You should try out MediaVine and AdThrive.
Now you are ready to make moola from your website effort.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.